Wrinkles begin as fine depressions in the skin surface. They are initially “dynamic”, only present with movement, and later become “static”, also present at rest. With more time and sun exposure, they can become fibrosed, and still be present despite stretching the skin. Excessive sun and environmental damage may also lead to other wrinkles which are not movement-related.
Some types of wrinkles include:
- Crow’s Feet: wrinkles at the corners of the eyes
- Frown Lines: wrinkles between the eyebrows
- Forehead Lines: wrinkles in the forehead, usually horizontal
- Smile / Nasolabial Lines: wrinkles from the side of the nose past the corner of the mouth
- Sleep Lines: wrinkles almost perpendicular to crow’s feet, forehead lines and adjacent to the nose
- Bunny Lines: wrinkles due to nose scrunching
- Chin Lines: horizontal creases above the chin
- Smoker’s Lines: vertical lines around the mouth due to a pursing action
Lines on the face are of two basic types: static and dynamic. Dynamic lines are created by movement of the facial muscles immediately under the skin. It has been shown that by reducing or even totally stopping the movement of the muscle, that the lines will soften or even totally disappear. The most effective areas to treat are the upper part of the face: the frown lines, forehead lines, and the smile lines around the eyes called crow’s feet.
Reducing the movement can be achieved by injecting into the facial muscle a tiny amount of Anti-Wrinkle Injections. The dose required depends on the areas treated and the extent of the wrinkles, and will be individually titrated during the consultation. As a general guide for women, the average quantity of Anti-Wrinkle Injections for frown lines is 20-30 units, forehead lines 6-15 units, and crow’s feet 12-30 units. There is virtually no downtime after Anti-Wrinkle Injections, and results are expected to last 3-4 months.
For deeper static wrinkles on the lower face due to tissue loss, significant filling of these wrinkles can be achieved by using a natural product called Dermal Fillers to enhance the volume of the face. Dermal Fillers hold water, hydrating and giving volume to the skin. Dermal Fillers are non-permanent, and it creates volume for the treatment of lips, lines, wrinkles and facial folds. Downtime is minimal, and results are expected to last 4-6 months.
Cost: $14 – $16 per unit of Anti-Wrinkle Injection, or $700 – $750 for 50 units